VISIT OUR STORE! 9607 S. SANTA MONICA BLVD, BEVERLY HILLS, CA 90210
May 17, 2017
Jane Fonda is one of the ten "Women We Love" in 2017. Here are the top five reasons she is iconic (not to mention chic, fabulous and original.)
5. Jane is an American actress, writer, political activist, and fitness guru. She is a two-time Academy Award winner, a two-time BAFTA Award winner, an Emmy Award winner, a four-time Golden Globe Award winner, and in 2014, Jane was the recipient of the American Film Institute AFI Life Achievement Award.
4. In 1982, Jane took America and then the world by storm when she released her first exercise video, Jane Fonda's Workout, which became the highest-selling video of the time. It would be the first of 22 workout videos released by her over the next 13 years which would collectively sell over 17 million copies.
3. In the early 1990s, after three decades in film, Jane announced her retirement from the film industry. In May 2005, she returned to the screen with the box office success Monster-in-Law, starring opposite Jennifer Lopez.
2. Jane was a visible and controversial political activist during the Vietnam War and later became involved in advocacy for women, especially for causes to stop violence against women. In 2005, she, Robin Morgan and Gloria Steinem co-founded the Women's Media Center, an organization that works to amplify the voices of women in the media through advocacy, media and leadership training, and the creation of original content.
1. Today, Jane stars with Lily Tomlin, Sam Waterston and Martin Sheen in the Netflix original series Grace and Frankie, which premiered in 2015. At the age of 79, vibrant as ever, Jane is still an icon and role model for women of all ages.
Only in Beverly Hills, a business owned and run by two women, salutes Jane Fonda for her courage, talent, and moxie.
Comments will be approved before showing up.
July 18, 2018
June 27, 2018
April 25, 2018
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …